A new update for Dev4Press website includes many changes:
- Optimization of the core plugins
- Optimization of many database tables
- Many small bugs fixed
- Updates to the top navigation menu
- Updates to the footer navigation
- Affiliates Program
Dev4Press Network is updated today with the brand new design for all websites, new themes, improved content organization and more. Web sites related to themes are now removed, individual plugins micro websites are also gone and replaced by much improved main Plugins website.
In the past few weeks, Dev4Press Network had several downtimes. After working with the SiteGround support, we have identified several IP’s that were sources of the increased number of requests sent to Dev4Press. So, to minimize the downtime, and eliminate attacks, I have enabled the full power of GD Security Toolbox Pro plugin.
Here is the overview of changes made:
- Content Security Policy header with Live reporting
- Antispam for comments and trackbacks
- Antispam for bbPress topics and replies
- Login attempts limiter
- Project Honeypot IP Ban for all suspicious IP’s
- Login Honeypot
- Username Trap
- Registration control filters
In the first hour, there were 15 temporary banned IP addresses and 4 permanently banned IP addresses for various violations. I will continue to monitor events log to make sure that real users don’t get banned. If you have problems with accessing parts of the website, you can contact me via Twitter or Facebook:
Dev4Press Network is updated today to further enhance user experience with the website, improve performance and upgrade to latest WordPress version. The list of changes to the network includes:
- WordPress 4.6
- New mailer system using HTML emails
- Some of the themes updated
- Remove some unused database tables
- Fixes to many small errors logged in the recent months
- Removed some outdated code
Website network has received a new set of updates to fix discovered issues, add some new minor features, update support website and main blog. Here is the list of changes applied in the past few days:
- Using the same favicon
- Footer includes SSL badge with verification
- All Tags on blog are now removed
- Products blogs are now part of the main blog
- Better connection between blog posts and product pages
- Small styling improvements
- GD Knowledge Base Pro 2.1
- Several changes in the URL structure
- Improved Knowledge Base home page
- Various smaller updates
- Broken download page for Dev4Press Updater
New SSL certificate is now installed for dev4press.com. In the same time, Comodo SSL Trust Logo is added into the website footer where you can see the security status for Dev4Press SSL.
After tests done in development and testing environment, WordPress 4.3 is now installed on Dev4Press Network.
In the past few days we have noticed issues with the notifications sub system on Dev4Press Network. Some of the notifications are not being sent as expected, and currently this affects:
- Priority support tickets system
- Internal forum notifications for admins
Fixes to the system are expected to be deployed in the next 8 hours.
This problem has been resolved now.
A new website that will bring all important Dev4Press Network status information is now online. All the information on system and website maintenance, errors, downtimes and updates performed will appear here.
If you have any issues you want to report related to websites in the Dev4Press Network, please use the Support Forum or the Contact Form.